Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Heavenly "Atta Girl" Delivered by Little Lips


Cuddled in a sea of pink blankets and flowered pillows, I listen to her read. Her sweet little voice makes the words float, light and carefree. As they hit my ears and heart they are heavy with meaning, and I can hardly concentrate.

Every night we read a page from Jesus Wants All of Me, giving us an incredible opportunity to discuss Scripture, the short devotion and pray together. I don't think she'll go to bed without it anymore. She is seeking for the meaning, the hope, her Jesus. But tonight, as she read, I knew those words were for me.

A kiss from my sweet King.

A heavenly "atta girl" delivered by little lips.

With the support of my amazing husband I am beginning to investigate growing into the ministry God continually calls me toward. To encourage women in the everydayness of life. To point to God and help create events, blogs, spaces, studies and more where women can breathe and fill up with Jesus.

Common Graces is the start of a faith journey.

As I stand with my toes on the edge of an adventure ready to begin, Isabel read this to me tonight:

"Big God

God picked me. He has a plan for my life. We will go many places. Together we will do wonderful things. But His plan is much bigger than places or things. I cannot see it just now. But in my heart I hear it calling. I hear it calling me to Him!.

Behold we are going up to Jerusalem. Luke 18:31

Thank you, Jesus, for lifting me, leading me, and filling me with the joy that makes my heart sing Your beautiful love song to everyone I meet."

Seriously??!?!?

Don't you love that our God is infinitely powerful and intimately involved in our lives?

Next week, I'll officially kickoff the new website, the new and improved (with half the calories and no trans fat) blog, and this adventure with giveaways, sneak peeks of upcoming events and spotlighting some awesome organizations that shine Christ into dark corners of the world while giving tangible help. Join me, okay??

For now, friends, can I ask you a favor? Would you join me in prayer? Pray for this ministry, for the women God has already made divine appointments with, for my family and for His glory to shine from my heart, my keyboard, and my life. Pray that I am filled with the joy that makes my heart sing His beautiful love song to everyone I meet.

******
Friends, this is the last week I'll be posting here...please visit Common Graces. I look forward to connecting with you there.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Visions of many faces, ages and races dance through my mind... women journeying together in love, sorrow, joy and Jesus.

I cannot wait to see where the Father leads you. I am along for the ride!!!