Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1 in 90,000

Faces turned heavenward, arms spread reaching for the hands of the Father, music just a shadow of the voices in praise...worship. Often on Sunday mornings I listen to the voices fill the auditorium and imagine that God is looking down. He kisses the foreheads of His children tipping their heads back for a glimpse of His face. With the strong and gentle hands of a Father He reaches down to grab His children's hands. Imagine how His heart beats with delight in hearing their voices.

The thought always amazes me. An amazing picture.

This weekend I had the opportunity to view the Beth Moore simulcast. While the broadcast was amazing (and I will share another day what God gave me) there was something else that I could barely fathom.

90,000 people. There were 90,000 people in 516 locations (in 45 states and 8 countries) participating in the simulcast. That's a lot of people, yeah?

90,000 voices. When Travis lead us in amazing worship moments there were 90,000 voices raised. Can you imagine how it sounded in heaven?

90,000 voices saying "I love you, daddy" and lifting their little hands and faces to Him.

And as I stood there amazed by the thought of being part of something that large. I was humbled in the same breath.

90,000 voices but He heard every one. God heard my voice as loud as the worship leaders. He kissed my forehead and touched my palms. He delighted in my singing (as off-key and choked up as it got!) as He delighted in our worship.

Father, thank you that when feel small, insignificant...just one of many...You remind me that You know me. Be it 1 in 20, 1 in 90,000, or 1 in million; You hear my heart and my voice as loud as any other. Thank you.

8 comments:

Paula V said...

90,000 is a lot of voices. I didn't go this year. I was thinking last year we had 75,000 but can't remember for sure.

Amazing, for sure! Pleasing to God!

~Grace and Peace said...

90,000 - wow! That must have been a sight to behold. Our Father is happy. I wish I could have been there!

Nancy Ranieri said...

You couldn't have described it better Wendy. It was truly an amazing experience. Being one of those 90,000 voices was at once glorious, breathtaking and humbling. He is our awesome God.

Anonymous said...

It was an amazing experience. I am so glad you invited me to join you. What a marvelous time to be in God's Word! It was also nice to have some child-free time with you. To God be the glory!
Heather

Train Up a Child -- Encouragement for Moms said...

I love the picture your words evoke.

See I knew you could do it. I just had to do a little motivatin'. ;>

Love ya,

Kristy

Molly Lewis said...

Just a glimpse of what it will be like in heaven when it is 90,000 multiplied over and above our imagination, all singing praises and worshipping Him! I was also touched by her comment about 516 lights shining toward heaven - 516 places where His daughters were gathered to lift Him up in our praises and to hear Him speak to our hearts.

I am glad He hears our hearts and hears our voices through our hearts since I can't even find a key, much less sing in it. I do make a joyful noise unto the Lord and know that He receives it with love.

Hugs,
Molly

LeeBird3 said...

That reminds me of something Laura on "The Wellblog" wrote...she was at a college football game enveloped by a huge screaming crowd, and suddenly she sensed God's eye on her, and she almost waved. He sees us.

Van said...

"... God kisses the foreheads." I would rather lift my face when I pray than bow my head. Now I know why -- I am searching for that kiss of affirmation.