Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ready, Set...Write

So, I'm back.


Yep, I'm back writing a blog. When I stopped writing a while back I didn't think I had the time or the inclination to write everyday. But the truth is I've missed it. On top of that, God seems to be opening some doors for me and they all have writing in common...guess I need to keep the juices flowing.

When I enrolled in college at 18 I wanted to be a writer. Write the great American novel. Spill out all my musings on the pages of a book to share with the world. I wanted to be an English major. What happened? Well, I feared deadlines would kill my passion and I wasn't ready to commit to life as a writer (or anything for that matter). Sigh.

Fifteen years later I still want to write the great American novel and all sorts of things that share my story, God's grace and the joy in the everyday journey of life. And God is giving me another chance.

Last year I attended She Speaks on the Women's Ministry track. While I attend hoping to gather all sorts of incredible tools for ministry, instead I found God showed up to touch my heart and clear the clouds of Post-Partum Depression. I signed up again this year thinking that while I am without a church family or a real place to find my ministry legs, God had called me to step to the plate in Women's Ministry and I should continue to educate myself and fill up my toolbox.

And then...

God began working on me. So what's happening now. I've switched to the writer's track. Yep, I'm gonna write. Oh man! I'm gonna write?

The thought delights me and scares the daylights out of me. We're talking nervous butterflies the size of vultures in my stomach when I stop to consider what all this could mean. And I wonder if I can do it. And then I remember the truth...I can't.

But God can. And He will.

I ask you friends, pray for me. Pray for my courage to put pen to paper (or fingers to keys). Pray that I allow the vulnerability of my life and the self-inflicted scars I carry to shine through for God's glory to be cast upon the page. Pray that I hear His voice, to bring me to the ideas He wants me to write about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Dear Friend, I cant wait to read what you will write. You have so many wonderful ideas for other women and moms. I look forward to reading what you are going to share. Keep up the good work. Amy