Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Too Quiet

In the midst of folding laundry and thinking of the other items on my to do list I heard it. It was too quiet. Uh-oh, I thought, that can only mean trouble. I tip-toed into my son's room where our two little ones were playing. They were in the closet emptying the boxes of clothing put away until another season or size is upon us. That wasn't so bad, but when I found that they had already emptied all the drawers of the dresser I had to sigh. Loudly. I knew it was too quiet.

As a mom of toddlers I've learned that rule. That rule that all parents learn. Silence generally equals trouble.

While folding the mountain of clothes to be put away, again, I began thinking. I love when God uses situations in my life to illustrate points He is trying to make to me.

Silence = Trouble

How do you think God views our silence? As the father of overgrown toddlers He invented the rule. Silence generally equals trouble. Right?

In my own life I know that if I wander off from God going it on my I wind up in my own mountains of trouble. And even as I am digging my way out and apologizing heavenward I vow, I won't do this again, Father. I don't want to go it without You.

But what happens? Yep, I wander off.

Show me your face,
let me hear your voice;
for your voice is sweet,
and your face is lovely.
Song of Songs 2:14

He beckons me back. He doesn't lose His temper or sigh loudly (and I would imagine if God sighed loudly we'd all know it). Always there, forever forgiving.

I am in the midst of Bible study that asks us to commit to do something to show our faithfulness to our Father who is always faithful to us. I chose to give God the best part of my day. I've already wandered off more times than I care to admit, but I continue to try. It is my hope that as God works with me and I move closer to Him that my silences will become fewer and my self-made mountains of trouble will be less.

Oh how faithful You are my sweet Lord. Let me be drawn to You every morning, so that I might stay rooted in You everyday. That I might move mountains for in You rather than build them of trouble on my own. Thank you for your patience Father. Thank you for the opportunity to grow closer to You and more like Your perfect son.

1 comment:

Runner Mom said...

Wendy, this is awesome, chickadee! God is truly using you to share to us! Thank you for these words this morning. 27 more days!!

Love you!
Susan

I've got my blog give away for my 100th post today. come by if it's loud in your house!! Silence is not always golden!! Bless your heart!